We are seeking dynamic, compassionate, and motivated CNA’s or CHHA's to join our team. Here at Home Care Services, we value our family – this includes our patients and our employees. We are a family-owned business that has been operating for over 38 years. We offer extremely flexible schedules, dedicated on-call nursing staff, and train all employees in full healthcare assessments to empower them to take ownership in their roles. Additionally, we pride ourselves on adhering to person-centered planning, ensuring all of those in our care have a say in their plan of care.
- Assist patients at mealtimes. Will cook and distribute meals and will set up, assist or feed patients dependent upon their capability. Will transport patients to and from dining areas for meals.
- Performs basic nursing assistance care procedures: Temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, weight, ROM, intake and output measurements and recording data on specified documents following prescribed procedures.
- Implements bowel and bladder programs. Assist patients to and from bathroom or commode. Provides assistance to patients as to the use of bedpans or urinals. Changes, clean and disinfect collection devices.
- Maintains patient home in a manner that is both environmentally pleasant and safe. This includes changing bath and bed linens, putting patient clothing in the appropriate areas, storing patient equipment, and assuring a clear path within the rooms.
- Assists with teaching patients to perform personal care functions so as to increase their degree of independence.
- Performs and assists patients with ROM and other restorative rehabilitative procedures.
- Practices Standard Precautions, utilizing hand washing and barrier use when there is risk of contact with blood, body fluid, mucous membrane or non-intact skin. Provides barrier for self when there is evidence of non-intact skin on hands.
- Participates with the patient's care planning process and follows the care plan to deliver the care for expected outcomes.
- Adhere to Agency work rules, policies, procedures as well as all external regulations an standard provision of care.
- Maintaining agency patient folder within the home. Create and oversee to do list relating to patient needs.
- Create only positive and supporting conversation that does not become about your personal life.
- Report change in patient condition, living situation or behavior to improve provisions of services.
- Adhere to dress code remembering safety, wear approved uniforms, display ID badges, be neat, clean and well groomed.
- Personal conduct is important to the trust and peace of our patients, be respectful, carry yourself as a professional an always promote the agency.
- Attend and/or complete all training and mandated meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, or administrator relating to patient needs.